TOWN OF BURSTALL
BYLAW NO. 2021-186
A BYLAW FOR THE PURPOSE OF ESTABLISHING AND OPERATING THE BURSTALL LANDFILL SITE
The Council of the Town of Burstall in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
This Bylaw shall be known as the “Burstall Landfill Site Operation And Rate Schedule Bylaw”.
The Landfill Site is only for the use of the Town of Burstall & R. M. Of Deer Forks #232 rate payers & residents.
Accepted Waste Materials (No Charge If Disposed of/Sorted Correctly)
– Yard Debris
– White Metals
– Electronics (disposed of in the Electronic C-Can)
– Propane Tanks (valve must be removed)
Appliances (No Charge If Disposed of Correctly):
– Fridge (door must be removed)
– Freezer (door/lid must be removed)
– Air Conditioner
Washer or Dryer (door/lid) must be removed
ALL ITEMS DEPOSITED INTO THE BIN WILL BE CHARGED ACCORDINGLY.
The invoice will be made in triple. One copy for the customer, one copy of the landfill attendant and one copy for the Town of Burstall Municipal Office.
The customer will be invoiced by the Town of Burstall Municipal Office.
Any invoices that are not paid for in full upon receipt of invoice, will be refused access to use of landfill site until paid in full.
THE VOLUME WILL BE ESTIMATED AND CHARGES SHALL BE AGREED TO BY BOTH THE ATTENDANT AND THE HAULER BEFORE ITEMS ARE UNLOADED.
$3.00 – minimum charge for disposal fee
Furniture/Construction and/or Renovation Materials (Broken Down):
$10.00 per m3
$3.00 per bag
Demolition waste materials (going into demolition bin)
$75.00 per m3
Furniture (not broken down and going into demolition bin)
$75.00 per m3
Shingles – Minimum Charge
$100.00 – minimum charge for disposal
Large Demolition Projects
– Refuse created from large demolition projects and the demolition of structures will NOT be accepted. The owners (or the owners’ contractor) will be responsible for renting their own waste bin and all associated costs to dispose of the materials.
Truck loads larger than 1 ton will NOT be accepted. Loads may not be accepted if not accepted waste materials are detected by the attendant.
Non-accepted Waste Materials:
– Vehicle and/or Tires
– Recyclables such as paper, cardboard, plastics, tins (that can go into the home/business recycle carts)
— Animal Manure (feces) or liquid waste
– Animals (deceased) or slaughterhouse waste
– Grain or screenings
– Chemical, herbicide or pesticide products or containers
– Petroleum waste including oil filters, oily rags, oil containers
– Hazardous waste or radioactive materials
– Paint, paint thinner, or paint remover cans unless they are empty and dry with the lids
5. Bylaw No. 2020-184 is hereby repealed.
This bylaw shall come into force and take effect on the day of final reading.
Dated at Burstall, Sask., this 11th day of March, 2021.